This week I’m super excited to talk about an ingredient that has been taking over my skin care products. Rose.
The flower?! Yes, the flower.
What do you mean it’s taking over your skin care? Well, below is a list of reasons why rose is awesome as well as some rose products that I have been using.
Reasons why rose is awesome:
- It’s anti-bacterial. That means it fights any icky-bacteria on your skin or in your system.
Did you know that your skin absorbs what you put on it and takes it straight to your blood stream? Essentially all those chemical products your putting on your skin are going straight to your system.
My rule is if I wouldn’t eat it, I shouldn’t put it on my skin.
So when you use rose products (granted it depends on what kind of product you’re using) it is also helping your system.
- Antioxidants. With high levels of vitamin C it can help protect your skin cells from damage caused by examples such as staying out in the sun too long.
- It’s a toner. It can be used as a natural astringent to help tighten pores, and it helps your skin have an all around smooth, glow. Unlike other, alcohol based toners, rose water moisturizes your skin instead of drying it out.
- Moisturizes. Rose has natural oils that help lock in moisture to the skin, keeping it smooth and soft. It is also an excellent skin care option for people with sensitive skin (ME!) because the natural sugars in the petals create a soothing feeling.
- It’s anti-inflammatory. This means it helps reduce redness and swelling in affected areas (a fancy way of saying it makes your acne look better!). This was super helpful for me since I have extremely pale skin and even the tiniest amount of acne can be seen clearly.
- It smells amazing. Last but not least, it smells divine! Who wouldn’t enjoy putting something that is famous for its scent on their face?
Some rose products I have been using:
The first rose product I ever purchased was this rose water from Kama Ayurveda. I was originally going to make my own after I read Beauty Gone Wild by Diane Kidman but I couldn’t find the organic flower petals in India. If you would like to try making your own rose water you can read Beauty Gone Wild, which I highly recommend, or you can read how to do it here.
Next up we have a Skin Detox Tea because amazing skin comes not just from the outside, but also from what we put in our bodies. This rose tea is one of the many things I put in my body to make it feel and look the best it possibly can. Lots of water, fruits and veggies, juicing and good sleep are all a good place to start for healthy looking skin.
I have used Thayer’s Witch Hazel products for years and decided when I finished my Lemon Witch Hazel Astrigent to try the Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner. I wasn’t disappointed. I use it every morning and throughout the day when my skin needs a refresher. It smells like you just stepped into a rose garden and the witch hazel helps tighten your pores while the aloe vera soothes and moisturizes.
Last but not least we have Living Libations’ Rose Best Skin Ever. This is an amazing company founded by even cooler people. Using the only purest oils, Living Libations has everything from Essential Oil kits to toothpaste to eye creams to pure source chocolate. I have made it my goal to try every product they have. Seriously. They’re that good. I use my Rose BSE on my face every night before bed. I also rub it on the ends of my hair, on my wrists and neck as a perfume and as a “lotion” of sorts where my skin gets really dry. Definitely go check out Living Libations. I will also be doing a separate post on Living Libations and some of their other products.
I hope this post was helpful and do let me know if you try any of the products I recommended.
Have an amazing weekend!