Goa was lovely. The sun was also lovely. Very strong, but lovely.
The main reason we went to Goa was for an open water swim that was being held on Sunday. That meant 3 hours outside in broad daylight.
Being the super pale vampire that I am I know that I have to put on sunscreen, and I did. Twice.
It was not enough.
I have transformed from vampire to lobster. That being said I have done some extensive research on how to recover from -an all over, raccoon eyes, my shoulders feel raw- sunburn. The main thing I read is stay hydrated and lots of vitamin C.
So I present to you the…. “‘I’m super sunburned’ Recovery Smoothie”.
(Warning it doesn’t taste super great, unless you’re a huge fan of celery flavored smoothies.)
- 2 cups watermelon (super hydrating and good for your skin)
- 1 whole cucumber peeled and cut into chunks (again super hydrating)
- 1 cup frozen or fresh strawberries (strawberries have more vitamin C than oranges)
- 1/2 cup pomegranates (you can add more to make it sweeter)
- 1/2 cup celery (hydrating blah blah blah)
- 1 cup water
- Throw it all in a blender and you’ve got yourself a very hydrating recovery smoothie!